Trump: "Send the Brownshirts to Sanders' rallies!"

Mar 13 2016 Published by under General Politics

So.

This is where we are, America.

• Philapodia says:

Wait, you don't remember Bernie saying "I'd like to punch him in the face," and "knock the crap out of him, would you?" at his rally?

This is what happens when people stop thinking with their brains and just think with their "guts". Guts are well known to be full of shitte.

I'm sure JC (who by the way probably looked Middle Eastern, certainly not Lily white!) would be treated the same way at a Drumpf rally as these protesters have been. He would probably be called a dirty socialist commie and be sucker punched, too.

"Preemptive counter strike"

• Newbie PI says:

I guess you haven't seen Bernie's response. He called Trump's bluff and it's glorious.

• Alex says:

We are living in a Rick Perlstein book. God help us.

• OlympiasEpiriot says:

Anyone is allowed to (or should be allowed to) go to any rally they choose. But, if a group goes specifically to engage in violence, everyone else needs to be protected from it. This might just be too interesting.

• Grumble says:

Bernie certainly isn't calling for his supporters to attend Drumpf's rallies. I'm an ardent Bernie fan and several of his >5,000,000 individual campaign contributions have come from me, so I get multiple e-mails a day from his campaign. I've read them all and not a single one has asked me to do anything more than volunteer for a phone bank or send more money.

That said, I wonder if it's time for those who are appalled by Drumpf start protesting his campaign appearances en masse, in an organized and coordinated fashion. Drumpf is simply too dangerous to ignore and hope he will go away. If I were a German 80 years ago, I'd like to be able to say I was one of the people who did something to try to stop the madman before he became too powerful to stop. Certainly, if Drumpf gets the Republican nomination, there need to be mass protests each and every single time he shows his orange head. We as a nation cannot accept his brand of bigotry, and those of us who oppose it need to defy it at every turn. Facism and racism ruined Germany and will ruin us if we do nothing.

• k elliott says:

@ Grumble

Right on brontol

• eeke says:

A point my husband made, and I think it's a good one. The "brownshirts", I think, are part of the black lives matter movement MO. I support what they stand for, but not their tactics of disrupting rallies, interrupting speakers, etc. They did it to Bernie, Hillary, and now Donald. Bernie has stood by them, Hillary shouted them down herself, and Donald incites violence against them. By the mere fact that Bernie stood by them could insinuate him in egging them on, even though he really didn't do anything, and end up hurting him in the end.

Yes, I'm a Bernieac. Point is, for the BLM people, I don't think those tactics are helping their case. It moves people over to Hillary who gives the appearance of staying out of the fray and keeping it safe and quiet (and winning over independents, particularly important for the general election). I still think Donald is somehow working for her.