"I'm sure we can put it on the Training Grant..."

Aug 28 2014 Published by under Academics, Postgraduate Training

LOL

I'm not sure what that was, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a shower...

• Devon says:

Video not available 🙁

• kevin. says:

That there is some premo-divine gourmet shit right there.

• That was both creepy and tedious.

• Beaker says:

BigBoutons89 LOL

• Dave says:

Some real production value there. But totally weird. I think this whole sciencey video thingy is a bit played out now. Cheesy.

• Grumble says:

People. Lighten up. That was hilarious - especially if you happen to know one or two of the PIs they parody. It's just students making fun of their department's faculty, which is pretty much a job requirement for students.

I'm sure PP is just jealous that his grad student program kids don't hilariously parody him in a video.

• Alex says:

If my students made a parody video of me, I would include it in my application package for promotion to full professor.

Right?

• DJMH says:

It was funny but shaded into a little worrisome. Maybe they should have more than just first-years involved...the older students probably have better judgment and faculty impersonations. Probably.

• anonymous postdoc says:

How hard would it have been to make up actual parody lyrics to Fancy? I made some up for my own research right now, so I can tell you that the answer is "not very."
    That near-straight recitation of the actual lyrics almost killed all the goodwill earned by Dat_astrocyte.

• Alex says:

I find it amusing that "Fancy" required so little modification to actually work in the story.

"I can hold you down like I'm teaching you biophysics."

I'm going to hold people down the next time I'm teaching biophysics.

"I just can't worry 'bout reviewers gotta stay on my grind."

A lot of the time that's just what you gotta do. Not always, but a lot of the time.

• Alex says:

For CPP:

Nature paper over all I thought you knew that, knew that!

• jipkin says:

"the older students probably have better judgment and faculty impersonations. Probably."

haha as an older student in the program, watching the skits we made would probably change your mind...

• jipkin says:

ps the skit each year is made specifically for the audience of the program, so if you felt like you were on the outside of an inside joke while watching it that's probably why.

• DJMH says:

jipkin I've seen those. None of them implied that one of the profs was creeping on his students. Probably some do, but Isaacson doesn't.

• jipkin says: