We all could use a little managerial advice like this

Mar 13 2016 Published by under Careerism, Mentoring

Passed along by a very kind soul....I think there is a little something here for all of us.

• Abc123 says:

Hahahaha. What a laugh!.

F*ck you, Malala. How dare you not be a petulant white-ish upper middle class American who is Contributing To The World through his accumulated time fleecing people of their money (at up to $1730 a seat) while making them laugh at his petulant complaining about the Youth Today and His Lawn.

• Abc123 says:

hahahahaha! You're totally wrong on your appreciation. I am not white-ish, no middle class and no American. So, FUCK YOU little asshole!!!!. The guy is funny even though he's making fun of a sad reality. Sad but real ASSSSHOLE and I am so sorry for the reality but at times, you know, one needs to be smart enough to laugh about oneself.

YOU'RE THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE IN AMERICA!!!!, even though America is full of very nice people.

• Abc123 says:

hahahahahah. And now I am under the impression that the BIGGEST ASSHOLE is the owner of the blog!. hahahahahaha

• Grumble says:

Come on, people, your exasperation is unwarranted.

He said that *mathematically*, being 20 means you have contributed less than you have received. That's pretty hard to argue with.

Of course, some people (children of the wealthy) have received more than others (children of the poor). Could that be why he chose the Guatemala "volunteer" trip (something that only wealthy kids do) to single out for derision?

• jojo says:

LouieCK is a skilled comedian - he sometimes has little statements that if they came out of the mouth of some idiot dudebro on reddit that could be objectionable - such as the massive generalization that 20 year olds are entitled jerks. But because he also says a lot of shit that's spot on, I give him some allowance. Not everyone can pull this shit off but he can.

Here, he was careful to put the "get off my lawn" stuff in the context of people that are assholes to customers for no particular reason. Which really shouldn't happen, and if it does well if you get fired that's not exactly the customer's fault.

• Jonathan Badger says:

On the other hand, entitled customers can be (and are far more often) assholes to people with worse jobs than themselves. I don't think it is at all unreasonable for somebody wanting a different rental car to explain exactly what is wrong with it, but Louis seems to think the kid was unreasonable for wanting this explanation.

• jmz4 says:

@JB. I once had a manager who distilled the essence of customer service down to "making the unreasonable feel reasonable." With the backup of " if you don't think you can do it, come find me."

• So who's the BIGGEST ASSHOLE IN AMERICA!???? Is it becca or DoucheMonkey???

Obviously me. I need to be the best at *something* to compensate for being neither a stand up comedian nor a scientist.

• Jessica Tollkuhn says:

• Banditokat says:

I like gin

• Abc123 says:

@becca

"I need to be the best at *something*". You need to be the best at whatever you choose to be the best. I doubt that by responding to a comment with aggression ( in a Trump manner) and for no reason you'll achieve your goal. You are free to interpret everything and anything as you wish and so am I. But if you start a conversation with aggression I am not going to be quiet.

• banditokat says: