Elevating a comment from Chris:
IMPORTANT UPDATE: My study section (originally scheduled for Oct 1-2, then cancelled until Feb) is now back on! I just heard from our chair that we will be holding an online meeting in the next few days (thanks for the advance notice). According to our chair, the "significant pressure" put on the NIH from the extramural community has led them to reconsider their decision to cancel everything and bring things back online. I have no authority on this, but would assume that this will happen across the board. So take heart, all may not be lost for this round...
I am likewise hearing rumor that the CSR is reconsidering what they are going to do.
Stay tuned folks, this ride ain't over yet.
Updated: ps, your comments at Rock Talk can't help but be viewed as part of the "significant pressure". Go to it.
@drugmonkeyblog My SRO just emailed to indicate similar reversal. This is trending.
— J. David Jentsch (@jdavidjentsch) October 22, 2013