Are you attending the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting?

Nov 08 2011 Published by under Society for Neuroscience

I will extend my usual no-promises offer. If you care to offer up your presentation details in the comments or by email (drugmnky at the gmail) I will endeavor to stop by. Who knows? If it is really cool I might even blog it.

(Don't forget to visit NIH Row)

• juniorprof says:

JP can be found at:
    Sun, Nov 13, 10:00 - 11:00 AM
    179.07/NN34 - Spinal PKMζ(zeta) underlies the maintenance mechanism of persistent nociceptive sensitization
    Sun, Nov 13, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    179.08/NN35 - BDNF regulates spinal PKMζ in persistent nociceptive sensitization
    Sun, Nov 13, 8:00 - 9:00 AM
    179.09/NN36 - Aversiveness of nerve injury induced spontaneous pain, but not evoked hypersensitivity, is maintained by PKMζ within the rostral anterior cingulate cortex (rACC)
    Mon, Nov 14, 8:00 - 9:00 AM
    383.05/RR23 - Specific modulation of spinal GABAergic analgesia by KCC2 inhibition
    Tue, Nov 15, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
    581.02/GG12 - IL-6 and NGF suppress P-body formation in primary sensory neurons
    Tue, Nov 15, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    582.12/HH16 - Sensitization of sodium channels on dural afferents underlies the migraine-related behavior following meningeal application of interleukin-6 (IL-6)

That should be plenty of opportunities for you to come tell my students how awesome they are 🙂

• I'll be at:

Presentation 605.03: Investigating the temporal evolution of speech comprehension using time-resolved sparse fMRI
    Start: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 10:00 AM
    End: Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
    Poster Board Number: UU12, Hall A-C

Stop by and say hi if you have a moment!

• Katharine says:

I'm not presenting squat but I saved up my pennies and am attending at the ridiculous student nonmember fee.

I am going to Graziano Fiorito's presentation, which I cannot remember the name of offhand but is at 3:00 and is on octopuses.

• Ewan says:

Would be good to get to say hi. I'm speaking on Sat (4.03, 2.10 - 2.45, Ballroom C) but possibly more useful are the lab posters (715.04 through 715.09, Tuesday afternoon). There is some neat stuff on the latter, for sure.

I should go write my talk, huh? Well, after I finish polishing the posters..

• tideliar says:

Not presenting this year, but I'll be around sporadically. I expect to see y'all at BANTER!!

"caffeine", Ewan?
    /looking forward to it

• Presentation 609.12: Value signals in primate ventromedial prefrontal cortex
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011, in the AM session
    Poster Board Number: VV68

It involves both drugs (it's NIDA funded) and ... macaques.

• TreeFish says:

I'll be there. My lab is presenting 6 or 7 posters, mostly on Monday. (Additive) Parenthood is cutting my visit short this year. Otherwise, disembowelment would await me upon my return.

• TreeFish says:

Very cool satellite symposia this year, too.

• Natalie says:

I'll be at FF6, Tuesday afternoon. (Program # 682.04) Role of a systemic inflammatory event in central cytokine signaling, depression, and fear

You should put #FFS on your poster and claim a typo if anyone notices.

• Jonathan says:

I'll be at my student's poster, 172.11/KK6 on Sunday morning: "Spectro-temporal neural coding of speech in human auditory cortex". He's done some pretty awesome work on decoding neural speech signals, such that he can even determine which speaker a human listener is paying attention to.

• Tripp Griffin says:

DM, I am long time reader but seldom comment (and was anon when I did). Anyway, if you can, stop by my poster on role of glutamate in alcohol drinking:

Tues AM AA14 (I am supposed to man the poster 8 to 9AM).

...'tis early I know but I will likely hang out the whole time.

• PerrottiSanchez says:

Students and I will be at posters for the entire AM or PM sessions.

Sun, Nov 13,11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    167.08/GG12 - Estrogen influences morphine reward and activation of lateral hypothalamic orexin neurons

Tue, Nov 15, 1:00 -2:00 PM
    684.09/GG21 - Assessing learned associations between drug reward and environmental stimuli in the Wistar Kyoto rat

• Susan says:

Are you here weds. Afternoon?

• Jan Naegele says:

Hi,
    Enjoy your comments here. My students and I will be presenting on Monday
    10:00 A36 295.15 Optogenetic interrogation of synaptic inhibition onto granule cells of the dentate gyrus by GABAergic interneuron grafts in the mouse pilocarpine
    model of temporal lobe epilepsy. J. GUPTA*; K. HENDERSON; G. AARON; J. NAEGELE. Wesleyan Univ.

Happily we just published this work in Journal of Neuroscience in October 2014.
    I also tweet about neuroscience and women in STEM #janicenaegele