Just two days in and already I've had a ton of useful chats at posters during the SfN Annual Meeting. Most of the useful conversations are about matters other than what is on the poster the person is presenting at this time.
- Reminders of what people did in the past, that I had forgotten or never knew about.
- Exchange of info about the reality behind the polished papers.
- Talks about the data not yet published because a slightly unexpected finding (we share) makes tradition-minded reviewers get the collywobbles.
- Collegial sharing about the current directions and progress for a topic of interest.
- Revelations about just who is breathing down our neck on which project.
The poster floor at a meeting is where it is AT. I can talk to people I know really well anytime via phone or email. If you are upstairs outside of the platform presentation rooms glad handing your best buds you see everywhere you are missing out.