Open Thread for the Angst Patrol

Aug 05 2010 Published by under BlogBlather, Day in the life of DrugMonkey

Since some of you all seem a tad bit obsessed over DrugMonkey, DrugMonkey, Drugmonkey perhaps we can confine your angst, hurt feelings, misunderstandings, curiosity, idle speculation, caring, carping, distress, whinging, concern and flailing to this thread?

• pinus says:

Great, I needed a spot to write dark poetry about the plight of DRUGMONKEY!

you can even have a sub-banner for it..

• physioprof says:

Dude, you should start guest-blogging at Comrade PhysioiProf! Then people can wring their fucken hands there, too!

• Sxydocma1 says:

We just want to know where *you* are.
    It's unsettling to have to check 3 different spots.
    It's all I can do to handle the changes at Isis's place.
    I'm fucken mad at Sb for causing all this to happen.

• bsci says:

I've spent the past several days unable to sleep, work, or care for my children due to my deep concern over your bloggings plans. I can't believe you didn't personally email me to tell me your plans. I thought you promised me that I would be the first to know what you were going to do with your blogs. In truth, all I really want to know is what you're going to do with your banner. With your obstinate refusal to give any details, I can only conclude that your playing hardball with Adam Bly and are threatening to use your great influence to take down Scienceblogs unless he gives you 30% ownership of Seed. I'm not sure that's the best idea for you since it might take away from your available time to run your lab and blogs. Though, if you are rethinking your blogging style, I can't believe you lend a platform to a person who still begins sentences with "Dude." I don't know what to do with my days jumping between three blogs to find an answer. PLEEEEEEASE tell me what your plans are!!!!!!!!! Are you sure you're making the right decision?

I'm not sure how to flail in a comment, but I think I have all the other categories covered.

• jc says:

It will be fun to see which of the top 50 women in science blogs you, you, and you make this year.

Just so long as we stay on FSP's blogroll. We don't need any other top women bloggers lists than that.

• Odyssey says:

Well I guessed wrong. When I moved my blog and was setting up my blog roll I figured there would be significant content overlap between your SB and Scientopia blogs and that you'd drop SB... Guess I'd better go add it back.

• Candid Engineer says:

Dude, you have too many fucking blogs. It blows my frickin mind.

I'm fine with a single blogroll listing folks. No need to take up space better devoted to some other blog of interest.

There are probably a few you don't know about....

• Candid Engineer says:

Let's keep it that way.

• pinus says:

BAZINGA!

• Janet D. Stemwedel says:

bsci, I have always valued your comments throughout blogtopia, but on the basis of this one, I would like to run away with you to do unbloggable things.

Tweet me!

• bsci says:

Janet,
    I'm honored by the first part of your comment and I'm glad that the five minutes I put into writing the angst-o-gram affected someone so deeply. Not sure what to say about the second part. I'm currently not on twitter, but, um, perhaps I should change that. I do hope that you're referring to ethical unbloggable things.