From the Mindset folks at Beloit College we have the historical perspective of this year's entering college class.
If the entering college class of 2013 had been more alert back in 1991 when most of them were born
oh c'mon now. 1991? I was .... oh nevermind.
Tidbits from the list:
4. They have never used a card catalog to find a book.
6. Salsa has always outsold ketchup.
7. Earvin "Magic" Johnson has always been HIV-positive.
10. Rap music has always been main stream.
13. The KGB has never officially existed.
17. They have never had to "shake down" an oral thermometer.
23. The European Union has always existed.
24. McDonald's has always been serving Happy Meals in China.
28. The American health care system has always been in critical condition.
35. Women have always outnumbered men in college.
44. There have always been flat screen televisions.
46. Disney's Fantasia has always been available on video...
47. Smokers have never been promoted as an economic force that deserves respect.
53. Someone has always been asking: "Was Iraq worth a war?"
54. Most communities have always had a mega-church.
56. The status of gays in the military has always been a topic of political debate.
59. For one reason or another, California's future has always been in doubt.
62. Members of Congress have always had to keep their checkbooks balanced since the closing of the House Bank.
63. There has always been a computer in the Oval Office.
68. Official racial classifications in South Africa have always been outlawed.
70. Vice presidents of the United States have always had real power.
74. Congress could never give itself a mid-term raise.
Get off my damn lawn, yo!