In Memory of Doctor George Tiller

Jun 01 2009 Published by under General Politics

I was inspired by kemibe who wrote:

I just made a modest donation to Planned Parenthood in honor of George Tiller, the doctor who was gunned down yesterday morning by an established whack job/separatist/bomb-happy felon.
I want these assholes to know that every bullet fired on behalf of their corrupt cause will result in level-headed activism that will only set them back by leaps and bounds. If you care to pony up even $5, you can do that here.

It wasn't something that I would have thought of doing right off so I'm happy to have this option brought to my attention. Perhaps you will be as well.

• Neuro-conservative says:

It's been a bad couple of days with domestic terrorism. I just made a modest donation to Soldiers' Angels, in memory of a young soldier named William Long, who was murdered in an apparent terrorist act by a Muslim convert who said he was opposed to the U.S. military.

• Mrs Whatsit says:

Thank you for bringing this wonderful idea to our attention. This is something I feel very strongly about. I will certainly make a donation. I have also written about my own experience with anti-abortion nutjobs here.

• I just made a modest donation to Soldiers' Angels, in memory of a young soldier named William Long, who was murdered in an apparent terrorist act by a Muslim convert who said he was opposed to the U.S. military.

How many United States citizens in the last twenty years have been killed by terrorist acts committed by other United Citizens who were (1) right-wing sick-fuck nutjobs versus (2) non-right-wing sick-fuck nutjobs?

Thanks for the tip, N-c. Very distressing indeed. Same idiocy of thinking that a murder will further one's political ends. I just don't get it.
    CPP do you characterize an event like the one N-c linked as right wing or non-right-wing? If anything, the attack was presumably directed against a target (the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan) we associate with the rightwing political position in the US. But also presumably coming *from* a conservative theocratic position that considers our right wing to be too left-wing and indistinguishable from our domestic left-wing.

• Neuro-conservative says:

I believe that CPP is attempting to minimize the significance of the army recruitment center attack.
    If you follow the artificial constraints of his question, then you will presumably conclude that "right-wing" US citizens have killed the most Americans because the OKC bombing would outweigh the various victims of Sudden Jihad Syndrome.
    It seems to be important to CPP's worldview that "right-wingers" are the source of all evil in this world.

• TeaHag says:

I would politely suggest that NC is also trying to change the subject.
    Unless NC would care to indicate that he simultaneously contributed a similar amount to Planned Parenthood in memory of Dr. Tiller. Otherwise, it would seem that his first comment was simply to distract from the topic at hand.